Sunday, January 31, 2010

Talofa and Welcome to Samoa!

Recently PCV Matt informed me that he was checking out the new Jason’s Visitor Guide for Samoa 2010 and he was pretty sure it was my host brother, Akeripa, on the cover. Matt’s host family is related to mine and he has seen Akeripa many times so I figured he was probably right, but was still a bit skeptical. My skepticism mainly stemmed from the fact that Akeripa lives at his family’s house in our rural host village of Fausaga – how would he end up on the cover of the brochure for all of Samoa?! Who took the picture?? But I got a copy and Matt was right – it’s him! Samoa is a mysterious place sometimes. If you want to read more about Akeripa, click here, and read my short host family profile of him.


Akeripa and I back when I was living in Fausaga.


Sure enough, there he is on the left. Good eye Matt! Malo Akeripa!


He’s doing the same hand sign!


No comments: