Friday, January 15, 2010

Filipo Meet Filipo


In December I was lucky enough to get an opportunity to stay with my host family again. I lived with them the first three months I was in Samoa and loved my time with them. Going back is always refreshing and full of laughs. This time was even more meaningful because I met my namesake Filipo! Filipo is the Samoan translation of Philip. He is the son of my host sister, Tuese, and was born last fall. She decided to name him after me which was quite an honor. I’m sure he’ll do the name proud! (Side note: these pictures are from my 24th birthday!)


Tuese and Filipo


3 comments:

Patty Leal said...

What a darling baby! Your family must really love you to have wanted a permanent reminder of your time in Samoa. That's quite an honor.

Itu o Tane said...

Love your posts about savaii

Anonymous said...

Really didgging the baby's mohawk hair. You know Samoan families loves you when they name their babies after you. Sounds like you're an awsesome pisikoa, Filipo. Thanks for all you do for kids in Savaii, God keep you safe. I'm worry about that bus accident. I would blame that idiot prime minister for switching the road. I honestly think that was the reason for the accident because I have never, ever heard of an accident like that in Savaii or Upolu for that matter. It's too bad the people there don't impeached his fat muli. I feel for the kids and the old man, wish it was Prime Minister Tuilaepa's hand that broke off.