Friday, December 4, 2009

The Pulu Tree

It was stormy and windy, so that made me think it was lightning. It wasn't. One of the HUGE pulu trees next to my house came crashing down this week. No one was hurt (thankfully it was after school) but it did block the only road in. With prizegiving coming up on Friday it obviously had to be cleaned up as soon as possible. The next morning at 6:30 I was whisked out of my slumber by the soft hum of three chainsaws. About 12 hours later they had it taken care of. I've never see so much firewood in my life.


The fallen tree on the left, and after it got cleaned up on the right.



There is a line of five pulu trees in a row by the ocean. They are huge (have I mentioned this?). On the left is in 2008 when I first came to Tuasivi. The middle is about a month ago, you can see the tree on the left side is dying. The last picture is the new view. My house makes an appearance in pictures 1 and 3 to the right of the coconut tree.

No comments: