Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Roommates

Ocean breeze, palm trees, beautiful views – island life definitely has its bonuses. I live right next to the ocean in what is probably the coolest house I will ever live in. It’s all good, right? Well, part of living on an island with tropical heat means you don’t have real windows, and part of living in a developing country means maybe your house isn’t as impervious to insect and invertebrate intruders as one might like. Holes abound in my siding and life flourishes here. So without further ado, I’d like you to meet my roommates:



The Crab. Usually lives outside, but one night decided to pay me a very neighborly visit and come on in.


The Baby Gecko. Small, cute, gets to be MUCH bigger. You’ll see.



The Spider. Holy crap.



The Black Lizard. Enjoys coconuts?



The Hermit Crab. Apparently not much of a hermit, it prefers my company and decided to join me in the house.



Godzilla. He is longer than two squares of a chain link fence and lives in my bathroom. It sounds like a cavalry charge when he runs thumping along my walls.



The Ants. There is no escaping them. You leave it, they will eat it.

No comments: