Thursday, July 30, 2009

Catching Up

So seeing as how it has been a long, long time since I posted, here are some pictures from the last two months of my Samoan life.


A NZ Air Force helicopter landed in our rugby field yesterday. I couldn't find out why.



PCVs AJ and Paul, and Taylor! She made BBQ chicken pizza and it was delicious.



Late one night I was gifted with a wheelbarrow full of bananas from a small boy. Again, I don't know why.



PCVs AJ, Paul, and I making my backyard look nice by burning some rubbish.


Taylor and I in our church clothes. All white is all the fashion.



Supy and I hanging out on the new bridge at the waterfall.



Taylor and I spending some time in a faleo'o.



My freezer periodically ices over (read: every week). I have to take a knife and hack out all the extra ice.



UNC won the NCAA basketball tournment!



I have crabs. They are all over my backyard, and my frontyard. And they are constantly digging holes which I trip over and in. They piss me off. So one day I threw my machete at one sitting on top of its precious hole and chopped two arms/legs off. Take that.



I discovered an absolutely HUGE anthill underneath my living room floor which I proceeded to nuke after getting over my fear of it.

If pictures are worth a thousand words then that's a 11,000 word blog entry I just typed. Not bad, not bad at all. I'll try and keep them coming more regularly.

3 comments:

Patty Leal said...

When we met you in May, you seemed like such a nice guy. I think the crabs and ants would beg to differ!

AZ Mom said...

Yay! You updated! Nice pics of you and Taylor. Heavens - white MUST be the fashion as I can't imagine that being a choice of yours!

I'll bet your day as a timer WAS pretty miserable in that humidity - What is the interesting wall behind you? Part of your school?

Looks like you found a fellow 'adventurer' in Supy. Next you two will be climbing the palm trees for coconuts just like the natives - Hah!

Any pics of Robbie's visit in future posts? And of some of the unusual (!) foods you eat?

Curse those crabs and ants... And, glad to see you are looking happy and healthy!

www.Gatto999.it said...

All nice photos !...
Not the last one !...

Ciao from Italy
:)